We have complied this list of SEO Checklist 2020 for both on-page and of-page SEO to grow your website audience and increase your organic search engine rankings.
SEO Checklist 2020 (On-Page Factors):
- General Setup
- Meta Tags
- Content and Structure
- Technical Requirements
- Local SEO
- SEO Periodic Table
1. General Setup
- Have you implemented Google Analytics?
- Have you verified your site in Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools?
- Have you verified your Google my business page?
BONUS – Free SEO Audit Tools
2. Meta Tags
- Have you included the primary keyword in beginning of your title tag?
- Is the title tag copy relevant, compelling and inspiring?
- Have you checked the length of your title tag?
- Did you use your brand name in your title tag to leverage branding?
- Did you set up unique and relevant meta description tags for each page, including a motivational call-to-action?
- Have you investigated the HTML improvements section in Google Webmaster Tools and fixed all meta description and title tag issues?
3. Content and Structure
- Is there a unique and relevant H1 headline tag?
- Have you included the primary keyword in the page headline?
- Have you included the primary keyword (or keywords) in at least one sub-headline?
- Make sure your social sharing buttons are front and center on blog posts and articles.
- Did you use related phrases and common synonyms throughout the content?
- Did you use SEO friendly URL structure?
- Did you make sure there are no misspellings or poor grammar?
- Did you include relevant internal links throughout your content?
- Did you Add modifiers like “2020″, “best”, “guide”, and “review” to help you rank for long tail versions of your target keyword.?
- Did you Include at least 1 multimedia type (video, audio, images and lists) in every blog post that you publish?
- Write at least 2500 words for content that you’re trying to rank for competitive keywords.
- Did you do a Google site: search and review the results?
- Did you specify descriptive and relevant alt attributes for every image or graphic item?
- Are there relevant captions surrounding the images that include the target search phrase?
- Did you choose descriptive file names?
- Did you compress and optimize your image files?
5. Technical Requirements
- Did you implement rel=”next” and rel=”prev” tags for better pagination handling?
- Is there a permanent redirect (301) for a preferred domain (www or non-www)?
- Did you set a preferred domain for your website (www or non-www) within Google and Bing Webmaster Tools?
- Are you using a canonical tag element on pages with required parameters that don’t change the page content (such as: sort parameters, user-id, etc.)?
- Did you submit your updated XML sitemaps to Google and Bing Webmaster Tools?
- For multi-language sites, did you implement rel=”alternate” hreflang=”x” annotations across region-specific content?
- Did you check your site’s loading speed with Google’s PageSpeed Insights, YSlow or Pingdom’s Website Speed Testtool?
- Have you configure structured data using schema markup?
BONUS – Website Speed Checker Site List
SEO Schema Creator Tool
Google Schema Validation Tool
- Is your site mobile friendly?
- Have you used Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test tool to test your mobile site?
- When searching for your brand on a mobile search, does your site have the “mobile friendly” label?
7. Local SEO
- Did you include geo-meta tags, which provide context for localized searches?
- Does the NAP (stands for Name, Address, Phone) on your website exactly matches the NAP on your Google Places listing?
- Have you used your business address in the copy of some of your pages?
- Do you implement Local Schema?
Local SEO – Technical Website Criteria
- Have a “Contact Us” page featuring the complete name, address, and phone number of each of your staffed locations.
- If you have 10 or less locations, the complete name, address, and phone number of each should be in the sitewide footer element.
- Use Schema markup of your location data.
- Your phone number is highly visible on your website and clickable on mobile devices.
- Your name, address, and phone number (NAP) is consistent everywhere it is mentioned on your website. Beware of naming discrepancies for any business or mixing up NAP elements between multi-location companies or multi-practitioner businesses.
- All location pages are linked to from a high-level navigation menu.
- If you want to keep your street address private, don’t publish it on your website, but do be sure you’re providing a phone number that is staffed during stated business hours.
Getting Local Content Right
- Utilize testimonials from customers in your service cities
- Use unique testimonials from customers
- Don’t set up a review station at your place of business to ask for reviews. Always have customers leave reviews under their own accounts, using their own devices.
8. SEO Periodic Table
The Periodic Table Of SEO Success Factors – Search engine optimization seems like alchemy to the uninitiated. This guide to success factors, best practices and potential pitfalls can build the framework for your SEO strategy.
Download Now – http://searchengineland.com/seotable
SEO Checklist 2020 (Off-Page Factors):
- Brand Mentions
- Influencer Outreach
- Guest Author
- Broken Link Building
- Social Networking
- Social Bookmarking
- Content Marketing
- Questions & Answers
- Reddit and Quora
- Local Listings – https://moz.com/learn/local/citations-by-category
- Profile Creation – Don’t try to go for large numbers of directory submission, only select few quality sources for your submission.
- Social Bookmarking
- Search Engine Submission – https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/ — www.bing.com/toolbox/submit-site-url
- Article Submission
- PDF Submission – You can convert your blog, Article, Press Release Content into PDF.
- PPT Submission
- Infographic Submission
- Image bookmarking
List any services you offer
- Classified Submission
- Event submission
Post relavant comment with links
- Forum Discussion – Always Select Relevant Forums for your Discussion. never put Signature over there
- Blog Commenting – Always Select Relevant Blog for your Discussion
Reddit SEO and Quora SEO
Reddit is a social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website. Share your contents and information. Increase the referral traffic and backlinks for your website. Best method for off-page SEO.
How to Use Reddit to Boost Your SEO
Reddit is not a place where you will want to share each and every article you write. You need to use it strategically so that it doesn’t look spammy.
You should focus on building a reputation by responding to comments and helping others with your expertise and knowledge.
- Identify Relevant Subreddits to follow and comment with links
- Share Videos
- Use the right Keywords on comment you make
- Participate in the Conversation and share your content in the right places (don’t try to insert links in your comment every time)
- Create a catchy and descriptive Quora profile.
- Add your blogs and website in your profile.
- Answer on your well known topics.
- Answer regularly
- Use useful links in your answer
- Use images and quotes in your answers.
- Never try to directly promote your business on Quora.
- You can put your blog and website links if it is related with answer.
- Follow experts
- Mention people in your answer.