Since more people began using the google assistant every day, Starting from ‘Hey google, Play my morning list; Cook with google and take me home’ So, Its time to give a richer experience to the user.
Get Started with Markup!
Adding the markup to the existing content or creating new content with markup will make the content speakable i.e indicate that content is suitable for text-to-speech conversion.
When the user asks for a specific topic, the markup content will appear in google search rich results using Schema.org
Google uses structured data to automatically generate Actions for Google Assistant.
How to optimize the News site for Google Assistant Action?
Adding the structured data and AMP markup will bring your news content in the google search result and assistant.
When users ask for news about a specific topic, Google Assistant will return up top three news in the Top stories carousel with headline text and larger-than-thumbnail images.
For these your content must meet the following requirements:
- Associate your content with Google News: If your content is not already part of Google News, you can follow this quickstart guide to get started.
- Make sure your content is marked up for AMP: To mark up your content for AMP, please refer to AMP documentation in our search docs.
- Mark up your content as structured articles: To mark up your articles, add structured article data to your canonical site
How to optimize the Recipe site for Google Assistant action?
Make your recipe contents more discoverable by adding structured data that provides more information to the user such as reviewer ratings, cooking and preparation times, and nutrition information.
Add the following properties to structured data to drive better engagement in Search.
- image – Add Image of the completed dish.
- name – Add Name of the dish.
- aggregateRating – Add review score
- author – Creator of the recipe.
- cookTime – Actual time to cook the dish (You can use min and max as child elements to specify a range of time. Always use in combination with
- recipeCategory – Categories the dish. For example: “dinner”, “entree”, or “dessert, snack”.
- recipeCuisine – The region associated with your recipe. For example, “French”, Mediterranean”, or “American”.
- recipeIngredient – An ingredient used in the recipe. This property is recommended for recipes on Google Search, but it’s required for guidance with the Google Assistant on Google Home and smart displays.
- recipeInstructions – The steps to make the dish. This property is recommended for recipes on Google Search, but it’s required for guidance with the Google Assistant on Google Home and smart displays.
- video – An array of video properties that depict the recipe on the page
Your page will display based on how you’re using the data structured property
- Adding recipe structured data will improve ranking in the search results.
- Adding carousel structured data will enable us to appear in a carousel of rich results. It displays images, page logos, and other interesting search result features.
recipeInstructionsproperties in structured data will enable your recipe for guidance with the Google Assistant on Google Home and smart displays
- If your recipe doesn’t have these properties, the recipe isn’t eligible for guidance, but may still be eligible to appear in search results.
How to optimize the FAQ for Google Assistant action ?
A Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) page contains a list of questions and answers pertaining to a particular topic. The FAQ schema is a great way to interact with the audience.
Create markup for your FAQ content to give them the best answer. It helps when the user asks the google assistant a question for a particular topic.
To appear in the rich result you must include the following properties to structured data
Adding this markup indicates that the page is an FAQ with answered questions
- mainEntity – An array of
Questionelements which comprise the list of answered questions that this
Question type defines a single answered question within the FAQ. Every
Question instance must be contained within the
mainEntity property array of the
- acceptedAnswer – The answer to the question. There must be one answer per question.
- name – The full text of the question. For example, “How long does it take to process a refund?”.
Adding this markup defines the
acceptedAnswer to each of the
Question on this page.
- text – The full answer to the question. The answer may contain HTML content such as links and lists. Valid HTML tags include:
How to optimize How-to guides for Google Assistant Action?
Users will follow your how-to guides So help them to reach your content with Structured data.
Help them to complete the task!
Structure data tells the google explicitly that your content is a how-to, the
HowTo schema will make your content speakable on google assistant when the user asks the help for a sequence of a task to perform next.
For Example, consider a how-to guide for DIY work it instructs them to fold the paper into two half and then fold backward diagonally.
Standard How-to rich result
How-to rich result with images for each step
To display in a rich result the following properties are required
- name – The title of the how-to. For example, “How to tie a tie”.
- step – An array of
HowToStepelements which comprise the full instructions of the how-to. Each
stepelement should correspond to an individual step in the instructions. Don’t mark up non-step data such as a summary or introduction section, using this property.
- description – A description of the how-to.
- image – Image of the completed how-to.
- tool – An object used (but not consumed) when performing instructions or a direction.
- totalTime – The total time required to perform all instructions or directions (including the time to prepare the supplies), in ISO 8601 duration format
- video – A video of the how-to .
HowToStep type defines the simple textual step in a how-to and may include an image.
- itemListElement – A list of detailed substeps, including directions or tips.
- text – The full instruction text of this step.
The schema markups are the lastest evolution in digital marketing. These forms of optimization make your page attractive, engaging and informative in SERPS with snippets and images. It helps you to stand out from the competition and dominate voice search.